Sunday, December 12, 2010

So Blessed

I know Thanksgiving is long over, but I am sitting here today so thankful for the many blessings in my life. I am married to a wonderful man who loves me for me, and I couldn't ask for anything more! Plus I have the awesome addition of a great big family. Both the ones I grew up in and the one I married into.They are so great to us, to let us live with them, spend time with them, and more than anything to love us despite our faults and silly quirks.
Most of all, I am thankful to live in this time and age. As I look back in history over the centuries, I do not know how I would have faired. i don't know if I would have the strenght to be a pioneer wife, or to be a wife to a man who leaves on the Crusades. Not only that, but at no other time in history, would I be blessed enough to have the medical miracles to turn this...

into this!!!


We are so blessed to finally be pregnant!! Finally Mike and I will get to play the role of Mommy & Daddy.

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Hooray!!!! I am so excited for you guys! It was so fun to see you tonight; we need to do a dinner again soon :)
Love you both!

Erin said...

Congratulations Nickie!!! You will be such a great mom!

Inspired said...

I have been waiting for this post and am stil so happy and excited for you two! Good luck and yes modern technology is truly AMAZING!!! I love you guys and you guys will take on your new roles with flying colors! CONGRATS!

Breea said...

Yeah!!! We are so excited for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy and excited for you guys! You will both be fabulous parents! Love you!