Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pretty Sure We are Crazy!!!

Today we started the IVF process for the 3rd time. True we have only had 1 retrieval/transfer, but this is the 3rd time I have had to start the shots process.
The shots don't hurt yet, but I am well aware of the road I am headed down. So just be aware, if you see me wearing tent dresses, it is because waistbands and I don't get along.
The best part of this cycle is that we know how much medicine is too much (August 2009) and how much is not enough (November 2009) so this time it should much better.
It was funny this morning when Mike went to give me my shot. Although it didn't hurt even a little (thanks to a trick the nurse taught me, to flick the area before the shot to get it kinda numb), I got myself very worked up. It was silly really. After the shot (which was at 5am) it took me over an hour to get back to sleep. Hopefully my anxiety will go down in the weeks to come.
Thanks to everyone for your love and support in all this. You are all such a blessing in our lives.

5 comments:

J & E Hoffmann said...

YAY FOR IVF! We're praying! :) Loves from j & e!

Inspired said...

Good Luck! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!

Kellie said...

Good Luck! Third time's the charm, right? We love you so much, and you will both be in our prayers!

Jeff and Aubry said...

Nickie, this is Jamie's sister-in-law and we just wanted you to know we are thinking of you! We wish you the very best and hope all goes well for you. Keep us updated when you can!

Mikael Squire said...

Keeping my fingers, toes, and brian wires crossed! I love you both and you have to let me know when I can come lay around with you! Love you