Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cancelled, for now

I am way behind on updating posts, and have so much to talk about, but I wanted to get a quick update out there for those of you who do not yet know. Mike and I attempted IVF during the 2nd week in August. Well my body responded a bit too well to the medications and the procedure had to be cancelled before they retrieved my eggs. My ovaries had gotten too big and I had too many eggs. Had they caught it a few days earlier we might have still proceeded, but that is not sure. We are hopefully going to try again in late October/early November. I will have to start all the shots again, which wasn't pleasant, but it will be worth it, I am sure. I am heartbroken and disappointed, but the time will come and I will be a mom someday somehow.

6 comments:

Breea said...

I was so sad to hear about the set back, but am so excited to hear how well your body responded to all the medications! Keep us updated with how things go in October/November!

Kellie said...

I am sorry Nickie and Mike. That is hard to hear, but I'm glad you can try again soon. We will for sure keep you in our prayers; keep us posted. Love you,
Kellie

Amy Piller said...

I am so sad to hear that. You guys are truly the best and it will all work out in time. We love you and will keep you in our prayers!

Kelley Rae said...

The whole situation breaks my heart - but at least it's not over yet and there's still hope. Good luck, we're praying for you!

rickandcami said...

We love you guys so much and are hurting with you guys! We are with you every step and will continue our prayers. I too am so glad to see how well you responded to the medications though!

Jill Wagner said...

I am so sorry!! We love you and will pray that all goes well next time.