Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our Personal Christmas Miracle

December 11 2008 was a day that I will never forget. Not only because it was my father-in law's birthday but also because it was the day that Mike and I received our own Christmas Miracle. Mike's extended family (the Montgomery side) decided last year ('07) to do an Angel Tree for the Christmas party '08. So everyone got together their change that they had saved during the year and at the Christmas party we counted it up. We were all so suprised at the number. Then, Grandma Montgomery brought out the tree and Ashlee Hansen read who the angel would be:

Some of our loved ones, we pick of this tree
We've saved all year for your specifically
Building a family we know is your goal
We see this desiere, light from your soul
We've thought & pondered "What more could we do"
So please take this gift from our hearts to you
Some of our loved ones, we pick off this tree
These angels in our lives are Mike & Nickie
(written by Cami)
This was our miracle. This was the best Christmas gift we could have ever gotten. What we did not know was a few months before the party "secret" e-mails were sent to everyone, except us, letting them know that there was a slight change in plans. Although there would still be an angel picked that angel would come from much closer to home.
My heart cannot begin to thank you all enough. You have given Mike and I something we couldn't, the beginnings of a family. You have been our Christmas Miracle. We Love You So Much. Thank you for your sneeky little way of showing us you care. You mean everything to us.

8 comments:

Inspired said...

Wow, I am crying while I write this! Congratulations! You guys deserve it...what an amazing and thoughtful family.

Amy Piller said...

You made me cry and i have a conf. call in about 5 seconds, way to go! Love you guys! You truly deserve it!

Amy Piller said...

Nickie will you send me your e-mail address? we went private and I want to invite you!

Amy Piller said...

oh send it tomy e-mail richinsamy@hotmail.com

E Terry said...

Wow you guys! That is so awesome!!! Love you guys!

Inspired said...

Hey, sorry for the confusion, I am in LA now have been since the beginning of the year. Next time I come to town we need to PLAN something so I don't regret not seeing you!

BrandonShersten said...

This is an awesome story!Cami said it went perfectly! I am so happy that you have such a loving and supportive family! Keep me updated! Much love -Shersti

rickandcami said...

YAY for a post!!! Christmas was definately amazing and i am so thankful that I was able to be a part of it! I love you both so stinkin much and sorry it has taken me so long to post I haven't had the internet for over two weeks now SORRY!!! Love you both so much!!!